Author Topic: New skill to replace Reserved "skill"  (Read 634 times)

Ravenis

• Administrator
  • Wastelander
    • Hadelmia MMORPG Project
New skill to replace Reserved "skill"
« on: March 31, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »
There is now 1 unused skill named Reserved and i was thinking to replace it with something useful.

Any suggestions?
Ravenis
FOnline Forever Developer

AnarchCassius

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
Re: New skill to replace Reserved "skill"
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 11:23:26 PM »
Personnally I'd like to have Fallout Tactics style vehicles someday and would like to use it as Pilot. Would do basically what it does in Tactics and raise overworld speed on map like Outsdoorsman does on foot.

Of course if I can get the Tactics vehicles working I can probably add another skill at that point...

Bambii

• Wastelander
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:08:51 PM »
How about starting perk *that you can pick in character creation* that will let you play as a super mutant, i think that would be fun.

Wichura

• Wastelander
  • High-Tech Troll
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:54:06 PM »
It's called "trait", not "perk" and you can try that on FOnline2. I really enjoy to play mutant there, sometimes I scare newcomers with it. Boo!

And for "reserved" skill - again FOnline2 with Scavenging skill:
The skill of successful extraction of useful various bits and odds from various types of junk. This skill is progresive, skill points cannot be put into it and it increases as you scavenge in the wasteland.

Can't be normally increased. Max skill level is 300%. In order to develop this skill you need to collect resources.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

RedEyeKain

• Wastelander
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 11:38:23 AM »
Maybe more a crafting related skill? You can make anything if you have the profession and the material. So you can make like "insert skill name here" a minimum requirement for more high tear gear. As an example to make Combat Armor you will need Armorer 2, the materials, the workbench and skill 150.

Alex Sheepherd

• Wastelander
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 01:10:46 PM »
There is now 1 unused skill named Reserved and i was thinking to replace it with something useful.

Any suggestions?
Replace it into movement speed

AnarchCassius

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 10:33:55 PM »
If anything is going to boost movement speed outside the world map it's going to be Bonus Move. I am tired of so many things just not working in RT and vice versa.

Korsso

• Wastelander
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 05:13:39 PM »
Hi Wastelanders,

Crafting: To be able to make rarer items.

And instead of speculation, scavenging. You can find better and more items.

So you can have two builds: Tresure Hunter and Master Crafter  ;D

AnarchCassius

• Global Moderator
  • Wastelander
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 11:03:18 PM »
I feel like Repair and Science, plus a few others, mostly cover Crafting in Fallout terms. It's just called "Repair" cause there is so much half broken junk laying around.

Speculation was meant to cover scavenging, business, gambling, and estimation. It's meant to be a general opportunist skill since none of the above really merited a full skill. If you can think of a better name please suggest it. It just seems a little weird for Gambling to affect Scavenging or vice versa so I abused a thesaurus.

I am actually warming to the idea of an Athletics skill that might boost movement AP passively, but giving it enough other uses is a pain with the current graphics.