FOnline Forever is free to play post-nuclear MMORPG based on Reloaded SDK and FOnline:2238, with some unique features.
>Client download< Client is configured for our server, so just unzip it and launch the client. (includes Updater.exe) you should run this after download.>Updater< If you have a client before time of the Updater.exe, download this in to your client directory.
Once you have the Updater.exe, you just need to run it to keep the client up to date.
POST WIPE FEATURESWipe full changelog first of july 2017 (Start of actual season 1)
FOnline Forever will be a true wasteland, high tier items will be hard to get, and new player driven economy with market and crafting system make sure players can earn actual caps with crafting.
If you like a challenge and not getting bored after a week by having best gear the game can offer, then this is place for you.
Character Mechanics changes
Implants and slot system is a new feature, it allows you to boost your stats or give some special abilities.
Only one modification can be implanted at once. A character is able to have only one implant per slot installed, there is 4 slots.
Slots: 1. Defensive, 2 Medical, 3 Support and 4 Attribute.
Level cap is 40, SP and HP gains reduced by 50% after level 30.
Reduced starting HP to 60 before SPECIAL
Crafting overhaul will add several new workstations like ammunition presser for ammo making etc, resource collecting will be much more important than ever before.
Lots of new resources and much more complex crafting recipes.
No safe mines anymore, resources can be found in mountain encounter maps and caves.
Electronic ammo manufacturer. Needed for non gunpowder based ammunition.
Ammo presser. Needed for tier 1 and 2 gunpowder based ammunition.
Advanced ammo presser. Needed for tier 3 and 4 gunpowder based ammunition.
Forge. Needed for smelting ores, steel etc.
Small Arms Assembler, needed for some advanced SG
Heavy Weapons Assembler, needed for some advanced BG
Energy Weapons Assembler, needed for some advanced EW
Armor Assembler, needed for some advanced armor
Robotics Assembler, create robotics items and followers
Added Broken Bottle, Iron Pipe, Micro Sledge, Sapper, Razorclaw, and Machete added. Micro Sledge, Sapper, Razorclaw, Machete
Added Boomerang, Chakram, Dart, Shuriken, Deco-Filament, and Lacerator.
Smoke Grenade added
Tear Gas added
New ammo types: .44 AP, .50 Cal DU, 50 Cal Beowulf, 9mm AP, 9mm JHP, 7.62mm AP
Gambling skill is replaced with Speculation skill, it will cover all luck based stuff currently in a game.
The market can be used by players to buy and sell items.
Players can place items on sale for other players to buy. When the transaction is fulfilled the buyer receives the goods immediately, and the seller receives the payment next time they visit the market.
Players can also place buy orders for certain items. In these cases the buyer decides the price and amount.
Comprehension, Flower Child, Voracious Reader, Up and Close, Self-Experimentation, Marksman, Old World Gourmet, Way Of The Fruit, And Stay Back, Shotgun Surgeon, cyborg.
More Ranged Damage is replaced with Center of Mass
Brutal Weapon Perk added. Brutal weapons have their critical damage multiplier increased by 1 on all criticals.
Suppressive Weapon Perk causes a short inability to run on targets hit by a burst who fail a Luck roll.
Suppressive Weapon Perk added to: AK47, PKM, M2, G36, Uzi, M16
Barret changed to Scoped, many weapons gained perks
Miner for Life: You have spent your life in mines. You are strong, but you seem to be always little behind the others. You get a 15% bonus to Close Combat and Speculation, +10 to melee damage and increased carry weight, but have a -2 penalty to Agility and attacks cost 1 more AP.
Strong Back, Snakeater, Rad Resistance, Pickpocket, Pack Rat, Light Step, Magnetic Personality, Master Thief, Educated, and Demolition Expert have been changed to level perks.
Removed Even Tougher; added Cyborg.
Removed Dodger+, Healer+, Heave Ho!!, HtH Evade+, and Even More Criticals.
Chem Reliant works as in Fallout 2
Bloody mess replaced by Miner for Life trait
Good Nature changed ( You get 15% bonus to First Aid, Doctor, Barter, Speech and Repair skills, but get 15% penalty to all fighting skills.
Instead of maxing out at a certain point and applying the damage instantly the max poison level is higher than usual. the more poison you have the faster the time between damage (this caps after a few hundred poison) and the more damage you take each time. you also loose poison faster since damage is based on poison lost. Basically the more poison you have the faster it processes
At 1-hex all of the burst has a chance to hit the prime target; at one third of maximum range and beyond only one third of the burst does. The remaining rounds go left or right and the transition is smooth across distance, for example around two thirds of the burst has a chance to hit the prime target at one sixth of maximum range. This spread does not apply to 12 gauge and .223 ammo type weapons.
For each line failed hits are checked against the next nearest critter in the line until a target is hit or there are no targets in the line to check.
Burst damage is reduced to 90% of normal, after DT/DR calculations.
The maximum success chance is 90%, not 95% (to simulate the “streamlined roll” in PnP and balance things)
Bursts get a penalty of -2% to hit per hex from the target.
Miniguns are no longer “Accurate” and get “Rapid Fire”, a new weapon perk that halves the burst accuracy penalty.
Burst criticals no longer work different from other critical calculations, which gave bursts higher than average crits and accuracy. A master crit roll determines whether 50% of the bullets crit and what, if any, special effects from the table are applied. The remaining 50% of bullets check for critical damage only, individually and independent of the master roll.
One Hexing is still the most effective damage wise, but somewhat reduced from before. Short range attacks can be almost as devastating. Medium range attacks with good skill can land many more bullets on one target under this system, making them a decent choice. Long range attacks are most affected by the burst penalty and will scatter rounds on other targets. Miniguns in particularly keep to nearly 1-hex effectiveness for a good distance thanks to their new perk but no longer have an accuracy bonus at close range
Addictive chems add 50 + 3 x addiction chance overdose points when used. 10 overdose points are healed every time HP regen occurs. At 500 overdose and higher there is a chance of becoming Overdosed when using chems. Overdosed characters take damage over time; Overdosed can be healed with Doctor but this does not reduce overdose points. At 1000 overdose and higher there is a chance of becoming knocked out when using chems. At 1500 overdose and higher there is a chance of dying when using chems. Chem Resistant halves overdose points from addictive chems.
Fixed some bugs on encounter maps (inert trees, missing cliff wall)
Fixed bugged gas station map
Fixed issues with projectile explosions, animations and ammo consumption. Also throwable explosion problems are now fixed.
Afterburner addiction text fixed
Faction making fixed
Fixed Grab All at Hex for picking up Flint and the graphic.
Fix encounter spawn bugs (item always doubling at same loc) and improved code
Fixed trap spread on encounter spawn and added variety
Fixed PID issue with new weapons
Fixed Desert Combat Armor bug
Fixed Desert Hunter Encounter bug
Dungeon locker and vendor re-spawns fixed
Fixed rare spawn rate on ruin lockers
Force Field disrupting fixed
Fixed bug with many non-attack damage sources
Quick Pockets no longer makes Rapid Reload useless.
Followers now properly fight other players
DU Ammo DR reduction reduced to 50% and weight increased
Afterburner addiction text fixed
Faction making fixed.
Removed armor piercing from basic (red) 12 gauge ammo.
Fast Reload works as intended.
Quick Pockets reduces AP cost for non-reload inventory use actions.
All thrown spears do the same damage as when used in melee.
There is now chance to get Wooden Crate spawn in encounters, what can contain wide range of items and gear.
Str Melee damage bonus doubled
Melee weapons that can't be thrown are all deterioratable and can have properties.
NCR reworked and new quest added in NCR
Bounty Manager added in NCR.
Bursts using 12 gauge and .223 ammo have their lack of spread restored (shotguns, LSW, Bozar)
Bursts now have trouble shooting over targets
Loot increased in many areas and new items added to loot lists
Chem effects rebalanced, comedown and addiction are now in effect.
Healing powders apply -1 PE but the effect is not cumulative.
Caravan members are acting now like NCR/Ranger patrols etc.
first version of poor quality weapon damage decrease system added.
Some new graphics added.
AP reduction property for weapons enabled; bigger max range boost available
Increased sight range
new damage stats: Concussed, Winded
Reduced overall book cap to 40 books
And of course this is not the end of development for the server. More update are to expected in the future.
- Fonline Forever development team
- Most of the encounter trees are now choppable.
- New burst mechanics, info here.
- Follower system changed to old FO 2238 like. You can get 1 follower per 2 points of charisma.
- All players will start next to NCR.
- Infinite barter time.
- Banks doesn't have money limit, so you can withdraw your money anytime.
- Removed limitation how much banks have money to prevent players to not able to withdraw any money.
- Removed blueprints (all items what needed blueprints are now craftable without them).
- Removed relog waiting time.
- Easier start, starting kit, leather jacket, sledge hammer, brass knuckles and a tent.
- Crafted items have chance to get different kind of bonuses.
- 18 New weapons including MP5, M16, Steyr Aug and so on.
- Unchoppable firewood trees removed from most encounters
- Added variety to encounter spawns (more item types, less predictable placement of trees, etc)
- Books give 4 sp per book and your TOTAL books read limit is now 50.
- P95 now has long range and normal P94 plasma rifle has penetrate.
- Applied plasma critical modifier to all plasma damage type weapons
- Raised Lockpick cap to 200 and Science and Repair caps to 150
- Poison no longer instant damage and does DoT based on poison level
- Adjusted spawn rates to reduce amount of advanced power armor laying around, etc
- Cave loot rebalanced by Luck
- New weapons added to remaining spawn systems
- Bullet spray scatter over distance increased
- Balaclava hides your identity (If you put mask on it will incognito your character name from others.)
- Books for all skills added
- Books can no longer raise skill when they lack sufficient points
- Poison is applied more rapidly and the DoT scales faster
- Client-side hit estimation is updated for new burst rules
- Increased global map moving speed.
- New Implant System, 4 total implants can be installed at the time, info here.
- You can find attribute implants in various places as a loot now.
- Several new implants added
- Several new drugs added
- New drug effects
- Town control loot tables updated
- Dr Fung now sells Doctor books
- Added new books to stores and adjusted costs
- Stealth Boys add +60% Sneak over the cap
- Running while Sneaked gives you -60%, you still needs Silent Running to run while Sneaked at all.
- The hand held item malus is removed.
- Metal armor provides -72%, Combat armor -36%, lighter armors provide no penalty and it is impossible to Sneak in Power Armor
- Rondo in NCR now teach Armorer Prof 3.
- Fire Gecko armor added
- Added tear gas grenades, they will paralyze you (you cant run) and makes eye damage for 20 seconds.
- Molotov Coctail area effects added
- Smoke Grenade added, it's also craftable.
- New ammos: .44 AP, .50 Cal DU, 9mm AP, 9mm JHP, 7.62mm AP
- Added Desert Eagle .50 beowulf
- Suppressive Weapon Perk causes a short inability to run on targets hit by a burst who fail a Luck roll.
- Suppressive Weapon Perk added to: AK47, PKM, M2, G36, Uzi, M16
- 9mm ammo (basic) damage ratio increased to 2/3
- 5mm AP ammo damage ratio reduced to 3/5
- Changed Base Number of Followers to 1 (you no longer need Cha to transport yourself)
Upcoming Features (Dev Blog Video #2 coming soon)
- Ravenis - Head Developer
- AnarchCassius - Developer
- Stribe - Developer
- Master - Developer
- Narrative - Gamemaster